Everybody loves fresh flowers. They bring color and life to your space, they smell lovely, and they add a finishing touch to any room. The sad truth is that boutiques don’t last forever. There are a million flower tips and tricks out there on how to make bouquet last longer and fresh, but REALLY! what works?
Here are a few simple ways to make flowers fresh :
- Make sure the vase is clear before you use it. This avoids dirt getting into the plants.
- Use lukewarm water. Flowers don’t like anything too hot or cold.
- Dissolve the flower food in the water. This gives them much-needed nutrients.
- Cut the stems at a 45-degree angle. This gives them a bigger chance to suck up food.
- Refrigerate flowers when away. Cooling flowers down is a great tip when it comes to how to keep flowers fresh for longer.
- Avoid stagnant water. Flowers like freshwater, just like us.
- Remove wilting parts. remove the wilting parts should extend their life a little longer.
In addition to general care. Surprisingly, you might have a few things lying around the house that can help you enjoy your bouquets.
Check out the interesting list of household remedies below:
- Apple Cider Vinegar + Sugar: Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water into a vase.
- Aspirin: Mix 1 crushed aspirin into your vase.
- Bleach: Add ¼ teaspoon of bleach to your vase and they should stay fresh longer, at least that’s what they say.
- Coins: Add a copper penny to your fresh bouquet.
- Flower Food: Adding flower food to your vase is a tried and true way to keep your blooms fresh longer.
- Fridge: Put your bouquet in the fridge every night before bed (typically 8 hours per night.)
- Hairspray: Spritz your fresh blooms with hairspray.
- Soda: Pour ¼ cup of soda in a vase full of fresh flowers.
- Vodka: Add a few drops of vodka (or any clear spirit) to your vase.
Lastly don’t forget to speak to your flowers..
Check out our flowers store